Altronic Research is responsible as an exporter to ensure proper classification of controlled goods and to “Know its Customers” per Department of Commerce guidelines in Supplement 3 to Part 732 of the EAR (https://wwwbis.doc.gov/policiesandregulations/ear/732.pdf).
- Altronic Research will not sell products contrary to U.S. Export regulations and laws.
- All parties to U.S. Export transactions must ensure their exports fully comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Compliance not only involves controlled goods and technologies, but also restrictions on shipping to certain countries, companies, organizations, and/or individuals
- Hiring an agent, whether a freight forwarder or some other agent, to perform various export tasks, does not relieve Altronic Research of its compliance responsibilities.
- Altronic Research must adhere to ITAR notifications by Customers.
- Under the “Know your Customers” guidelines, we must understand:
- What is the product you are purchasing?
- What is the final destination of the product?
- Who is the ultimate end user?
- What is the end use?
- If required, Altronic Research must have all approvals in place before export of product or Technical Data.
- If ECCN is requested from a customer and/or distributor, please send a completed BIS-711 form to Altronic Research.
Who Will be Required to Complete a BIS711 Form?
- All Customers with Foreign “Ship-To” addresses.
- Those Domestic customers we know or believe will export our product.
- Information on Form is cross-checked with “Consolidated Screening List” that is accessed via the BIS web site (www.bis.doc.gov) to validate customer/end-user is not:
- In a Restricted Country (i.e. on the Nonproliferation Sanction list);
- On the Denied list;
- On Debarred List (i.e. not allowed to order defense articles);
- On the Specially Designated Nationals List
- If there are questions related to information contained on the BIS711 we will be consulted for feedback.
How to Complete the BIS-711 Form: (BIS-711_Form-Instructions)
- Final Customer (End User/Ultimate Consignee) must complete Sections 1 through 6.
- If Final Customer is different than the Purchaser – Section 7 will need to be completed by the Purchaser (company buying product from Altronic Research)
- All sections should be either typed or printed legibly in English.
- Complete shipping/mailing address must be provided in Section 1.
- Proposed End Use of product must be indicated clearly in Section 2.
- Both A and B in Section 3 must be completed by the Final Customer.
- Section 4 – Additional information is optional.
- Section 5 – Complete only if Final Customer is assisted in completion of the form.
- Section 6 – Must be completed the Final Customer and must be signed.
- Section 7 – as indicated above need only be completed if Purchaser is different than Final Customer.